JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dual SIM - select SIM based on phone number

(Topic created: 10-23-2023 04:21 AM)
UnknownGuest
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a Dual SIM Samsung S23 and would like to use a preferred SIM based on contacts or numbers when calling or texting (with the options: set SIM1, set SIM2, choose SIM card and don't story my choice).

e.g.:
SIM1 - personal contacts or numbers
SIM2 - business contacts or numbers

What is the point in having a dual SIM phone and being forced to call/text with ONE specific SIM for ALL contacts?

Isn't the point in using 2 SIM cards that I can phone my business contacts from my business number and to phone my personal contacts from my personal number? Otherwise I could use just one number and wouldn't need a dual SIM phone.

Besides, texting and calling with Google assistant is also impossible to do in "hands-free-mode" (e.g. in a car I would like to use ONLY my voice as an input control, but this is not possible because the SIM selection has to be done by tapping on the display).

Is there any update planned in a better SIM control for calls and text messaging?

Best regards & never settle,
Alexander

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes