JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Events/reminder change

(Topic created: 03-05-2024 03:10 AM)
4City2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Why has there been a change in the calendar with a little rectangle? At the bottom of the page to write, you're appointments here. What is the difference between event and reminder.

Question mark.(this another problem)

Why doesn't my calendar have sound to remind me of appt.?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
Calendar events (left screenshot) and reminders (right screenshot) work a little differently and are actually different apps. Reminders could be added to the calendar before. It's just easier now that we can do that directly from the Calendar app.

Calendar events have more detail and are more specific. I usually use them for appointments.

Reminders have fewer and simpler options and can be set to trigger by location instead of date. I set these to remind to recycle every other Wednesday, check my tires once a month, or make sure to do certain things every time I arrive at a certain location. Little things that need to be done, but not formally scheduled like a calendar appointment.

Calendar events can have audio alerts. When you add or edit a calendar event, about halfway down the page just under "My calendars", is the calendar alert (has a little bell next to it). You can set this for how far in advance of your event you want the alert to sound.1709641163715.jpg1709642594787.jpg

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
Calendar events (left screenshot) and reminders (right screenshot) work a little differently and are actually different apps. Reminders could be added to the calendar before. It's just easier now that we can do that directly from the Calendar app.

Calendar events have more detail and are more specific. I usually use them for appointments.

Reminders have fewer and simpler options and can be set to trigger by location instead of date. I set these to remind to recycle every other Wednesday, check my tires once a month, or make sure to do certain things every time I arrive at a certain location. Little things that need to be done, but not formally scheduled like a calendar appointment.

Calendar events can have audio alerts. When you add or edit a calendar event, about halfway down the page just under "My calendars", is the calendar alert (has a little bell next to it). You can set this for how far in advance of your event you want the alert to sound.1709641163715.jpg1709642594787.jpg