JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Finger print sensor on the back of the phone

(Topic created: 05-19-2023 06:13 PM)
user8uHe7ewpM5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I just upgraded from the Galaxy S9 to the Galaxy S23 (I know, I know. It was looong overdue, my phone was real old. Lol). I'm of the mind "if it ain't broke... " with that being said, I really miss the old design! IDK if I'm the only one, but I loved having the finger print sensor on the back of the phone. I love the way you can slide your finger down it to drop the notification menu. Now with the finger print sensor being on the screen I know have to drop down the menu by sliding my finger down the the top of the screen. It's not that big of a deal but I just prefer the sensor on the back. So, Mr/Mrs. Samsung, if you happen to read this, please consider returning that function to us, PLEASE! And thank you. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you user8uHe7ewpM5,  for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. Welcome to the Samsung Community. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

12 Replies
Kida30000
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I've just upgraded to the S23 Ultra from the note 9 and I keep catching myself looking for the scanner on the back 🤣🤣
user8uHe7ewpM5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Ikr! It's a great feature! 😊
GangsterGarfield
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Sorry friend fingerprint sensor is not on the back anymore. It's on the front. I upgraded my phone from s6 edge to s23 ultra. S23 ultra is great phone, but my note 20 ultra is better.
0 Likes
user8uHe7ewpM5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you for the suggestion
0 Likes
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Fold 4 has its fingerprint sensor on the power button and is not an ultrasonic fingerprint sensor you see on the S series. Therefore it has those functionalities that the other flagship phones with in display fingerprints dont have
0 Likes
Funboy94
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I just got a S23 Plus awesome phone
0 Likes
Abhaya71
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Actually you can change the settings for bringing down notifications by swiping down anywhere on the screen.

I agree with you about the fingerprint sensor. The under display fingerprint sensor kind of suck. They have gotten better but the sensor on the back of the phone was in a perfect place, was much more accurate. Unfortunately due to the larger camera sensors there just isn't room anymore and I think it also has to do with water resistance that has improved.

What Samsung needs to do is implement an under display infrared face id scanner so we could have true secure face unlock without a huge pill cut out like Apple or bezels. Until then it is going to be under display fingerprint sensor.
user8uHe7ewpM5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Wow. Thanks for the interesting info and the tip.
MrsBlonshine
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

I don't want my face scanned to turn my phone on... I even hate taking the occasional police mug 😂 ..j/k or am i..
By s30 well be doing hair DNA testing to opening up the phone...lol