Original topic:

Forced WiFi with Android Auto

(Topic created: 04-18-2024 10:58 AM)
MLMBoise
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Is there any way to stop Android Auto from turning on my WiFi?

in my car IF I use Android Auto it's only when I'm wired (USB C) to the car (and 90% it's a rental car)

In large cities it has issues trying to pick up WiFi from various sources 

Google/YouTube had a video to turn off auto-reconnect (on that WiFi, it. MyChevrolet) but it only works once; turning it off every time I get in and out of the car is horribly annoying. 

Anyone know of ways to force Android Auto to never use WiFi (if connected via wire)?
0 Likes
2 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23

That may be a setting in Google Maps, not Android Auto. There is a setting in Maps for wi-fi only, if that's toggled on, Maps may be trying to connect to the wi-fi networks.  Check to see if it's off.

It also could just be your phone trying to connect to wi-fi networks.  You could try turning your wi-fi off until you actually need it.

You could also just not use Android Auto, and if you need directions, just turn on Maps or Waze on your phone, you should be able to hear directions/see the map, even without a cradle.  I don't even bother with AA, since it's a pita, in my older car, to dig the phone out of my bag and plug it in, and I will never plug my phone into a rental.

0 Likes
muffinz69
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Bet
0 Likes