JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Front Camera For snapchat

(Topic created: 04-01-2023 11:26 PM)
Potito
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
So I just got my S23 Ultra, and everything is great SO FAR, but the quality on the front facing camera for snapchat is SO BAD compared to my s22 ultra.. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me? I haven't tried Instagram yet.
16 Replies
JohnTechTips
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Probably due to the fact that when you zoom in, the original pixels expand forming poor quality.
0 Likes
kamreylyn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
mine is the same! I just got the s23 ultra maybe 2 hours ago and noticed it's such terrible quality in the dark compared to my s20 ultra. all the settings are the same, so I dont understand what went wrong 😕
0 Likes
Isabel97
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I noticed this too! Has it gotten better for you?
aliciaad
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
My front camera on video calls is the worst!!!
0 Likes
Ash_G
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Snapchat has released at least one update a month since you posted that. Are selfie videos in Snapchat still as bad (whatever this means)? I say this because quality is a function of resolution and frame rate. So You need to look for the Snap video file in your Samsung Gallery App, open it, swipe up and read off the details (properties) of that clip. 

I use a budget A52 (Snapdragon 720G) and a Snapchat selfie video (with Lens/Filter on) stored in my Gallery has the following resolution: 544 by 960 at 12 fps. On my iPad 9 (2021, A13 bionic), the same Snapchat saves 720 by 1280 videos at 30 fps.

What does it say on your S23 Ultra?

0 Likes
syedh99
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Hello, I upgraded from the 21 ultra and am shocked to see how bad the front camera is on snapchat for the 23 ultra. The images are soft and washed out
0 Likes
syedh99
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Hello,
Am I the only one who notices how the bad the snapchat quality is on the s23 ultra? The pictures are always soft and washed out, even compared to my 21 ultra which is much better. Is there a simple fix for this or an update coming?