Original topic:

Galaxy notifications spam (file a FTC complaint)

(Topic created: 04-15-2024 08:01 PM)
userkFM1RWXdrf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Apparently there is no way to completely turn off galaxy notifications without going through a computer and deleting the app. These notifications are annoying, even though you could silence them, they still appear in the notifications bar. I have contacted samsung support multiple times and they were completely useless. They took control of my phone and wasted about 45 minutes of my time twice, guaranteeing a fix that never came. Since these notifications include ads to apps, I believe the FTC can assist. The FTC is the federal trade commission in the US that protects consumers. I have already filed a complaint and began taking screen shots of the frequency and content of the notifications. I recommend that everyone else do the same and report it. The more reports the ftc receives the higher the chances they take action. If you are not from US I recommend looking into whether or not your country has any consumer protection agency available.
17 Replies
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Good luck with that. FTC isn't going to help no matter how much people complain. This has been a thing for over a decade.
Open Galaxy Store and go into its settings and turn that off.
Open Gaming Hub and into it's setting and turn it off.
1713236720783.jpg1713236720807.jpg
userkFM1RWXdrf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I've tried this, but it didn't help. I have been previously able to disable them. It's just recently became an issue with a software update. I worked for a cellular company until recently and never had this issue myself or for my customers, I was always able to turn them off or disable the app.

With that being said, I don't believe the FTC has received complaints about this, which is why I'm trying to bring it to their attention. At minimum, they could be violating advertising to childrens' laws since some of the notifications are ads and children use these devices.
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Good Luck man I can tell you now it'll do nothing even if you argue that. This may not have been specifically to the Galaxy Store but the argument has been from various other stores and such over the past decade and all did nothing. The biggest problem is showing intent as well as if they show a billion instances of no advertising and only like 1k instances of it happening the FTC would deem that inconsequential or something you may have installed causing a bug and Samsung has no intent.

Are you sure they are from the Galaxy Store and you turned of BOTH?
userkFM1RWXdrf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I don't have an option under the gaming hub.
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes you do.
Three dot menu in the upper right
Settings
Ads Privacy
1713238514812.jpg
0 Likes
userkFM1RWXdrf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Mine only gives me the option to uninstall the updates. I looked through all the other settings and couldn't find anything else. Found some new settings that hopefully help though. Thanks1713239276022.jpg
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
In the app itself. 1713239430478.jpg1713239430535.jpg
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Find it?