Original topic:

Galaxy s23 ultra smart view wallet case not working

(Topic created: 02-27-2024 06:54 AM)
Alex Jeiranashvili
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello,

2 updates before, I noticed I wasn't receiving any notification through my smart view window on my wallet case.

I have searched for the solution and found out many other users are also having the same problem.

Tried removing the phone, restarting and putting the phone back but it didn't help.

Also tried restarting all system settings but it didn't work either.

Some time later, when I got the notification, I peeked through the cover without lifting it too much and turning on the screen, and I noticed that there was a blank square icon in the middle of the black screen, the color of the icon was the same as the app I got the notification from.

According to previous information I can say the phone can tell that it's inside the wallet case. I assume the problem lies within the software and it's some kind of bug.

I would like to clear the data of the smart view app but could find it in the settings.

The only step left at this point is to factory reset the phone, but for me it's not worth it. I even regret resetting all system settings as I had to manually go through every setting and personalize every single one of them.

If any of the community member found the solution, it would be nice if you shared the information with us.

It also would be reliving if Samsung team commented on this post saying that this is a known problem and they are working on it, but until then this case feels like a waste of money with a non-functional dangling cover.

4 Replies
ray70
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Check this simcard
0 Likes
Hombre1968
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

My case is also doing this, have you managed to resolve this as yet please?

Warwick_T
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

A couple of days ago I bought an S23 together with a clear view cover.  The cover worked perfectly out of the box.  Then, during setup, One UI was updated to v6.1 (I don’t know what version of UI was pre-loaded on the phone) and the cover stopped working completely—there is nothing cover-related in the cover’s window, no “Cover screen” menu item in Settings (I don’t know if the item was there before the update), and opening the cover doesn’t wake the screen.  I’ve tried removing and replacing the cover, rebooting the phone and various other “fixes” that I found via Google—all without success.

It's very frustrating.

There is a great guide to the clear view cover at https://gadgetguideonline.com/s23/galaxy-s23-smart-clear-view-s-view-case/

0 Likes
m3gtr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I had the same issue about Samsung s23 s-view cover. I fixed it by inserting Samsung s10e (old wife's phone). After I've installed back s23 the side view window worked fine.

0 Likes