Original topic:

Gesture problems after One UI 6 update

(Topic created: 11-12-2023 01:37 PM)
t_stan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

After one ui 6 update theres problem with navigation gestures, especially with back navigation gesture. When you make back gesture often theres only gray square without back arrow and the gesture is not working. It is annoying, you cant use the phone as fast as before.

Anyone experiencing same thing?

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S23
@t_stan Welcome to the Samsung Member's Community. I'd be pleased to be of assistance to you with your question about the Navigation Gestures on your Samsung Galaxy S23.

1. Open Settings
2. Tap On Display option
3. Scroll down to "Navigation Bar"
4. You can Customize the Mode and Navigation Bar
5. Make sure that "Gestures" is selected
6. You can also adjust the options for "Navigation Gestures"
7. Adjust the "Gestures Sensitivty" Here as well
8. Test the "Gestures Sensitivty" until you find the setting you prefer

If you have a case with screen protector or a screen protector. I recommend a higher sensitivity. Adjust the sensitivity to your preference.

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community. If I have answered your question. Please tap "Accepted Solution" Thank you!
Mkrock
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes, but in the version 5.1 s22 ultra is the same problem
0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
I don't use gesture navigation, but turned it on for 30 minutes just to test. Haven't seen issues yet with "back" gesture. I am using S23 unlocked with Android 14 update.

0 Likes
SpaceSquid
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
UI 6 has a bug in the navigation bar. Please fix Samsung or I will have to switch to a different android device. What has happened? You used to be so good...
Westameme
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

I had the same issue. Was on the phone with Support for two hours and they went through everything too and still have the same issue afterwards. We got it to work briefly by resetting all settings but that was it

Guibueno
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Thanks! I did the reset ALL settings and the problem was solved.

0 Likes
t_stan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

@Guibueno  Can you please tell me did you do Reset all settings without erasing apps and data or Factory reset to erase all apps and data. Thanks

0 Likes
Guibueno
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Sure! You have to Go on Settings, General Management, Reset, Reset all Settings. You will lose only the saved wifi passwords, Bluetooth connections and some android configs.

MoscoviumG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Just encountered the same problem - try updating "One Hand Operation +", and open that feature. It solved the problem for me.

0 Likes