Original topic:

Getting 'server error occurred. Try again later' when trying to link Samsung photo gallery to OneDrive.

(Topic created: 06-17-2024 09:10 AM)
Samsung_jr6wHXy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Repeatedly get the above error.  I have OneDrive on my phone and that works fine, yet even if I log out of that I still can't access this from Gallery.  This happened when I reset my phone recently. #SCommunity

7 Replies
SpunMcFlurry
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
What type of reset was it?
0 Likes
Samsung_jr6wHXy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Full factory reset.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@Samsung_jr6wHXy In Gallery settings have you confirmed that it is using the same OneDrive account?

Have you tried wiping the cache of the Gallery and then trying to sync? 

0 Likes
Samsung_jr6wHXy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Same OneDrive account. 

Whats best to way to clear Gallery cache?

Also, must I be logged out of the OneDrive app before I retry?

Thanks.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@Samsung_jr6wHXy I would probably log out of the OneDrive account. To wipe the Gallery's cache, long press on the Gallery icon. When the dialog pops up, click the small circled i in the upper right. Click on Force stop in lower right. Click on Storage. Click on Clear cache in bottom right. 

Then I would go into the Gallery and select to sync with OneDrive. It should ask you to log into the account from there. 

Samsung_jr6wHXy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Did all that. Even closed all apps and rebooted phone before trying again. Same thing, see attached screenshot.

Samsung S23 Gallery OneDrive error.jpg

0 Likes
Samsung_jr6wHXy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi @LongHiker , any further thoughts on this issue? Maybe it's a setting somewhere I m missing?  Even under backup options it does not give OneDrive as an option (it used to be there). Thanks for the help so far.

0 Likes