Original topic:

Google Assistant not appearing when holding Home button

(Topic created: 04-25-2024 07:55 PM)
userWHLu9NJY8k
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I setup a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. When I press and hold the home button I get this useless google search thing instead of google assistant. How do I get google assistant to open up?

Screenshot_20240425_222249_Google.jpg

8 Replies
Iamchaos13
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Havent seen that. Did you check the settings for it?
Pull down from the top, open system settings (cog icon)

Go to "Choose Defaults Apps" (under "Apps" in the main settings list, or, search for it)

Go to "Digital Assistant Apps"

Tap on the text that says "Device Assistant App" with "Google" under it (not the cog icon next to it)

Choose "one" from the list.

YuukiQu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
it looks like you've found the Google lens option on your phone! to access Google assistant swipe from either of the bottom corners in a diagonal motion to activate Google assistant.
novitaforlife
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
guys one ui 6.1 released for s23 series and s24 series. That's why that shows up. So go to Settings > Display > Navigation bar > Turn off Circle to Search. Now swipe up from one of the corners and it'll show up. If you need this Circle to Search feature don't turn it off.
userWHLu9NJY8k
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I get that you can swipe from the corner but I want google assistant when long pressed on the button. The question is, who came up with this stupidity. Is it Google or Samsung?

I'm getting sick and tired of basic functionality being changed without any option to revert it 

novitaforlife
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Its mostly Google because they are the ones who made Circle to Search
PurpleHel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same. I came here to try to find an answer to this and am very disappointed there isn't one. Did you ever find a way to fix it? It's clearly a samsung issue cos it happened after a samsung update.

askingwhyyyyyy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Get rid of Google Lens it sucks A$$
Members_zpUWv7W
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Ran into this today while driving.   What a huge step backwards.   Swiping just flips through the home screen pages two times out of three.   

Now you have to look at the phone to open assistant.