JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Group Message Issues

(Topic created: 11-15-2023 09:38 PM)
pearhead
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Whenever I get several group messages in a short time span (pretty sure it's as a result of iphone users being in the group) I become completely unable to send or receive texts for usually 30 minutes or so. I also stop being able to send pictures to other android users (probably because photos aren't sent over wifi and only the wifi texting works while this happens). This has been an ongoing issue that I had with the s20 and I was hoping it'd have been fixed by getting a new phone, but it seems like this is a Samsung wide issue or perhaps Verizon. 
All of the online solutions do nothing. Plenty of people have asked about this and the usual suggestions are clear cache, try a different texting app, reset phone, or reset network data. None of these help but since the problem usually only lasts about half an hour those threads get marked as solved since the person assumes what they did fixed the issue rather than it resolving itself over time with or without those tips.
This is impacting my ability to do my job and communicate with my team and is entirely unacceptable for a problem going on for years now. 
Texting is a basic function of a phone, so I'd be shocked if there really is no solution to this. If so I'll be forced to switch away from Samsung, which I'd ideally not want to do because I like these phones, but I can't really rationalize the inability to text.
5 Replies
Solution
Kenh50S22U
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
If you have a problem texting, that's usually carrier issue. If it's with group texting with iphone users that can happen. Have happen to me, not with texting iphone user's directly but in group chats.
0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
It isn't the first time I am seeing users having group chat issues when Android and iPhone evolved. I don't do group chats much, but do know many people that do. Try using What's app or Viber instead. If iPhone users turn off iMessage then there could be less issues.

0 Likes
userXO3rZI7d5L
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I have the same issue.
Stitzmo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
How can stop the group text message I been trying since the 25th
bronzy29
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm in a group now with 2 iPhone users and after about 10 mins of back to back messages, my phone is unable to keep up and I lose track of what's been said because my phone does that downloading thing where the message never shows! Argh! This is a bus group, too.