Original topic:

Headphones wakes up screen

(Topic created: 11-19-2023 05:46 AM)
josephh888
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi how are you, hope you can help me, since my phone update to android 14 every time i plug the headphones, which are Samsung USB c headphones, and start listen to music or YouTube video in the background when i wanna increase or decrease the volume the screen wakes up and i found that so annoying, this thing doesn't happen in android 13. Is there any way to fix this? Because the update is great everything works amazing except for this. Thanks for any help you can provide me. 

5 Replies
neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
Right now Samsung is running a Black Friday sale on their Buds Pro2 ear buds and they are fantastic. You can even trade in your old earphones as part of the deal. I just got a pair yesterday and I recommend you do the same, you won't regret it!
0 Likes
Rais
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I have the same thing, and it is annoying.  And don't say "upgrade to wireless or buds".  I don't want to.  I would just like the volume control to work the way it used to.

josephh888
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

hi! sorry for the delay in the response, exactly i don't want to upgrade to wireless or buds i just want the same behavior that was present in android 13. hope they can fix this because is incredibly annoying.

LADan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I have the same problem! So annoying. I listen to books while I am falling asleep. Having my phone light up a dark room every time I change the volume is so annoying. This behavior just started after the latest OneUI update. Please fix this...
josephh888
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

hi! sorry for the delay in the response, is incredibly annoying, i used the cellphone every night to listen to music to relax and fall asleep but, as you say, everytime i change the volume is daytime in my room and it makes me so angry. when i was in android 13 this worked flawlessly. i hope we are not the only ones that this issue disturbed us so much and in a future update they can fix this.