JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Help removing backgrounds

(Topic created: 04-10-2024 04:02 PM)
rebeccadenise74
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I just received my Galaxy S23 FE and upon setting it up, I added a background on my message screen that's different from my themes and wallpaper, but now I can't remove it. The background is so dark and bright, that I can't see the dates of when I've sent a message or when I eceived one. How can I remove this background wallpaper. I've tried everything I can think of. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

Hey there.

You can clear the app data for the messaging app by going to Settings>Apps>Messages (choose the correct app)>Storage>Clear data. You'll then not have the background set.

*Note: This will clear the apps settings.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "āœ“ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

Hey there.

You can clear the app data for the messaging app by going to Settings>Apps>Messages (choose the correct app)>Storage>Clear data. You'll then not have the background set.

*Note: This will clear the apps settings.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "āœ“ Accept as Solution" button.
rebeccadenise74
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
It worked!!! Thank you so much for the help!!!
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Awesome, so glad that I was able to assist you. If you found that that resolved your issue, please mark the previous post as the solution.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

0 Likes
user2PZwO7suIB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
After the latest auto update, my background on my contact list is black. Can't find a setting to go back to light.. help please and thank you
0 Likes