Original topic:

Hey Google volume change not working after 6.1

(Topic created: 04-05-2024 04:30 PM)
JustAskDave
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hey peoples, 

S23 Ultra, One UI 6.1 update went through a couple of days ago. Now when diving using google maps I say 'Hey Google, set volume 50%' like I have always done, nothing happens. When I am sitting using the phone I often have the volume really low so not to disturb the wife, or, I may have had it really loud listening to something. So changing while driving is something I do often, but it seems to not longer work.

Any one got any ideas? What has changed that this doesn't work anymore? Google responds and listens, but then nothing happens.

6 Replies
Gabriel22gz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
My HEY GOOGLE Doesn't work after the update and I can't find the hey Google settings
JesterPizzle
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm having issues with it too. Most times it will not even recognize me asking. The only adjustment I can find for sensitivity is for home devices. And unfortunately I can't send an error report since I'm driving at the moment I have the issue. I guess I'll have to wait until I'm riding shotgun! Lol
0 Likes
olgirl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Volume will not increase
0 Likes
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

When you say "Hey Google," are you referring to the voice command for Google Assistant control for your SmartThings devices? If so, are the other commands working for the device? Sometimes, disconnecting the Google device and reconnecting will solve the problem. 

0 Likes
JustAskDave
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I am using my S23Ultra for Google maps while driving (no up to date satnav in the car). I use the Google assistant on my phone by calling out Hey Google, Google Assistant becomes active on my phone and is listening, I say Set volume to 30%, I can see the waveform moving as I speak, then it disappears from the screen and the phone volume does not change.  If I do this without maps running it works perfectly. If I try it at home simulating using google maps it works. But when in the car, with the phone connected via Bluetooth to the car, but the audio output set to the phone (This Device), it will not adjust the phone volume (writing that down now I wonder if it's an issue with the Bluetooth, I might try disabling that, though it has always worked before 6.1)

Does that make sense?

0 Likes
JustAskDave
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have done some testing after typing that reply yesterday and proved that it is the connection to Bluetooth causing the problem. 

Phone is in the car, connected to the car audio system via Bluetooth, phone audio output is set to Phone, Google Maps are running and the spoken directions are coming from the phone.

Call out Hey Google, the phone responds, say Set volume 30%, screen returns to maps, volume not changed.

Turn of Bluetooth, repeat the above Hey Google call, volume change for maps audio successful.

Fault has only appeared with the OneUI 6.1 update.