Original topic:

Honestly? Voice-to-text: No Punctuation?

(Topic created: 04-05-2024 06:46 AM)
NickeyName
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Let me start off by saying the nice thing: I absolutely love how much customization capabilities I have over the look and feel of the Samsung Keyboard. Thankfully, now the auto-complete is a teeny-tiny bit better, it's at least getting closer to what I am intending to type. 

Now, the critique: Auto-complete still sucks when using swiping. It can rarely figure out what I'm trying to say. I know it's Grammarly, but if you (Samsung) did not even try to develop your own auto-complete feature, even with all this "AI," I'mma put the blame on you because you decided to port someone else's half-hearted project. Moreover, the freekin' Voice-to-text (Voice input) doesn't do punctuate (e.g., when I say period or exclamation mark, it doesn't do it).

It's a disappointment for an AI-capable phone to be unable to punctuate via Voice. 
11 Replies
HuckFinnDog
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I agree it's beyond frustrating; that's why I use Gboard (for example, I was able to use text to talk for EVERY bit of punctuation in this sentence ❤️).
NickeyName
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I know, but I have a Samsung phone, not a Pixel. It is preferable to have a complete bundle rather than some Beta project. If I wanted the Beta, I would have enrolled, but I didn't. 🤣
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
In keyboard settings, voice input, change to Google, go to settings, type in voice input.1712341725684.jpg
NickeyName
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Also, the Gboard gray is disgusting. I cannot handle that color (they say it's "dark." Not dark enough for me. My dark is pure black).
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
I like the features of the Samsung keyboard, but I agree that the execution of some of them is REALLY bad. I have to use Gboard, even though I'd prefer to use Samsung keyboard, just because Gboard is infinitely better at autocorrect and voice to text
NickeyName
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Looks seem to be Samsung shtick (I'm impressed that samsung's swipe figured out shtick, twice). Looks pretty, but does it work?
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
In keyboard settings, voice input, change to Google. Punctuations will now work
NickeyName
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
That part works for me. Try a restart or settings reset.
0 Likes
Globed
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Didn't work for me. Samsung keyboard with Google Voice input period Still spelling out punctuation period
0 Likes