JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to keep emails longer in Inbox

(Topic created: 01-17-2024 06:09 AM)
DJSomers
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
My phone used to keep emails in the Inbox until I deleted them. I recently noticed that after only 2 or 3 months, they disappear.
What can I do to change back to the way it was? I looked but could not find a setting to change back. It's important that my emails be kept in my Inbix. I delete the ones I don't want. Please help. Thx.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

go into Settings in the app, select the email account, scroll down and see what the email sync is set at. I keep mine set at syncing emails for all time and I never have anything "disappear" on me. 

View solution in context

6 Replies
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
What app are you using? If you are using Gmail then you have to go into settings and change the display duration. I don't use Gmail app so I don't remember where exactly it is, but I remember it being there.
DJSomers
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm using the Samsung email app on the s23+.
0 Likes
Solution
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

go into Settings in the app, select the email account, scroll down and see what the email sync is set at. I keep mine set at syncing emails for all time and I never have anything "disappear" on me. 

DJSomers
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you! The email sync was set @ 2000 & I changed it to 5k. By the # of emails listed for each folder, it wasn't close to 2k. We'll see what happens.
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
just set email sync to "all time" and forget about it. *my suggestion*
DJSomers
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks.I sync every 15 min & that works for me. I did increase the # of emails to keep.