Original topic:

How to keep your Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra in Prime Condition!

(Topic created: a week ago)
nbieberitz
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Here are some major things that you can do to your Galaxy S23 Ultra device to make sure that it is fully updated. (Share this with people complaining about their S23 phones!) (Give this page a like if this helps in any way.)

(I do each step once a week, just to keep my phone in the best condition possible. You don't have to do it as often as I do, but I would recommend at least once a month.)🙂

I've found (and Samsung, correct me if I'm wrong) that it has best to update your phone when you have a secure WiFi. For example Home would be an ideal place to do the following steps...

1. Make sure that you have all apps updated. 

I first start with the Galaxy apps. Here are the steps to update those apps:

(How to Auto-Update Galaxy App Updates) 

1a. Open the Galaxy App store.

2a. Select the menu icon that you should find at the bottom right of your phone. 

3a. Open settings. (the gear icon at the top right of your screen) 

4a. Under "Data Usage," there is a section called "Auto update apps." Within that setting, you can select whether you want to never auto update, dowload updates when you have Wi-Fi access, or download updates on Wi-Fi or mobile data. 

(How to Manually Check Galaxy App Updates)

1. Open the Galaxy App store.

2. Select the menu icon that you should find at the bottom right of your phone. 

3. There you should find a button called "Updates." (It should be found around the top middle.)

4. Once you click on that, it should show you a list of all of the Samsung Galaxy app updates needed to be installed. ( If no apps appear, that most likely means that your galaxy apps are already up to date and you won't need to do anything else in this app.)
 5. After it shows that "All of your apps are up to date," you've finished updating all of your galaxy apps!

Now, you can move on to updating the apps within Google Play Store. These are apps such as Google's apps and games that you have installed within the Play Store. Here are the steps on how to do that...

( How to Auto-Update Play Store App Updates) 

1a. Open the Google Play Store app.

2a. At the top right, there should be an icon of your Google account. Select that.

3a. A drop down Menu should appear. Under that, open "Settings."

4a. Select "Network Preferences." Under that, you can select whether you don't want to auto update, dowload updates over Wi-Fi only, or download updates over any network. 

(How to Manually Check Play Store App Updates)

1. Open the Google Play Store app.

2. At the top right, there should be an icon of your Google account. Select that.

3. A drop down Menu should appear. Under that, select, "Manage Apps & Devices."

4. Select "Updates," and then, your phone will check for updates.

5. Select "Update All."

6. When your phone has finished, updating those apps, you can check that there are no more updates by selecting "Check for Updates." If there more updates, repeat steps 5 & 6. When it says that there are no more updates, your phone's apps are fully updated!

Now you can check software updates! 

(How to Auto-Update Software Updates )

1a. Go to the Settings Menu and scroll down to where it will say "Software update." Select it. 

2a. Make sure that "Auto download over WiFi" is toggled into the ON position. (If it is already on, you are all set!)

(How to Manually Check Software Updates) 

If you don't want to have to keep checking for Software Updates, you can go to step 11.

1. Open settings.

2. Scroll down and tell you see the option "Software Updates."

3. Select "Download and Install." Your phone will automatically check for updates. If you're phone has a software update, go to step 4. If it doesn't have a software update, go to step 10.

4. It's always safe to make sure that your data is backed up and secure. Instead of installing the update right away, go back to the Settings menu. Scroll down until you see the option, "Accounts and Backup." Select it. (Go to step 5.)

5. Under Samsung Cloud, select, "Back up data." (Go to step 6.)

6. Select if you want to be backed up: Call logs, Messages, Contacts, Calendar, Clock, Settings, Home Screen, Apps, or Voice Recordings. (I would recommend backing up everything, but you can do what you want to do.) (Go to step 7.)

7. When you're done selecting what you want to be backed up, hit the button, "Backup Now." Wait until it's finished backing up. (Go to step 8.)

8. When finished, return to the software update. Click on "Download and Install" again. Read the disclaimers, and whenever you are ready, click on "Install." When your phone is finished the update, it will restart. (Go to step 9.)

9. You will have to put in your password (if you have one) to unlock it. After unlocking your phone, I would recommend not touching the screen for 15 seconds to let the "brain" of the phone finish loading. Some of the time, it will stay at the bottom of your screen, "Your phone has been updated!" That will give you the "Go," and you can start using your phone like you normally would.
If you want to, you can go through ALL of these steps, in order to check if new app updates or software updates have come through. Most likely, there won't be.

10. If there are NO new Software updates,
 you can go to the "Power Off" menu, and restart your phone. (Go to step 9.)

Please tell me if this helps anyone, and please tell me if something doesn't look right, or I'm missing anything. 

If you have an issue with any of these steps listed above, please send a comment below, and I will help you resolve the issue. 

I'm always glad to help in any way I can! 
nbieberitz
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Ok, thank you. I will update my post when I have the time!
0 Likes
LauraRG
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Also for those who want auto updates on apps in;
Google Play Store:
Settings>network preferences> auto-update apps>auto update over wifi or mobile apps (once enabled it and you back out it should say auto update at any time)

Auto update for Galaxy Store:
Menu>settings>auto update apps> auto update over wifi or mobile data
To Update Galaxy Store automatically:
Menu>settings>scroll down to about Galaxy Store> select auto update over wifi or mobile data

To activate auto restart function:
Settings>Device Care> Auto optimization> set to whatever days and times you want it to auto restart
nbieberitz
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
I'll add that also to my post.
LauraRG
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Copy and paste it if you'd like! Just wanting to help out! 👍
nbieberitz
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Got it.
nbieberitz
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
You are so helpful!
Options
Galaxy S23
For some reason I don't have auto update software on my phone. 1707448233601.jpg
0 Likes
nbieberitz
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
What phone do you own?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Galaxy S23 Ultra
nbieberitz
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Go to Settings>About Phone>Software Information.
What number does it show under One UI Version?
0 Likes