Original topic:

How to stop do not disturb notification when it is scheduled to turn on every night?

(Topic created: 02-04-2024 06:05 PM)
userzdF4GnjBCf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

I have DND scheduled to turn on every night. I get a notification and sound every night when it turns on. I have gone into Settings>Notifications>Do Not Disturb>Hide Notifications>Hide Notifications and turned on Hide All. I still get the notification and sound when it turns on.  At the bottom of the screen in the settings hide page it says "Critical notifications about phone activity and status will never be hidden". Does this mean you can not turn off the DND notification now? So if I fall asleep early my DND wakes me up to tell me I will not be woken up!

13 Replies
RexJosaphat
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I just found out that the pop up sound comes when you move from the mute to sound. (Sound-Vibrate-Mute) not when DND goes on and off. You can just adjust your routine to just use DND only without dialing sound all the way to mute. It can do Vibrate.
0 Likes
Neillymac186
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

I have this exact same issue, being disturbed by my do not disturb notifications, did you find a fix for it??

0 Likes
cdfq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I used Hide Notifications to achieve silent activation of do not disturb (scheduled Sleep)

Settings > Notifications > Do Not Disturb > Hide Notifications > Hide All

0 Likes
ChrisL10
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I think I've found a fix for this. I've been getting a DnD notification when it turns on that wake me up too. I also use the Sleep routine to sync Do Not Disturb with my watch. I checked my Notification History and it's not actually Do Not Disturb triggering the notification, it's Modes and Routines. By holding down your finger on that notification in the history (or by going to Settings > Apps > Modes and Routines > Notifications > Notification Categories > Modes), you can disable vibrate and set the alert to silent. I did some testing and this appears to have fixed it.