Original topic:

I got an s23 ultra on Verizon and I really prefer to use Samsung

(Topic created: 05-07-2024 05:57 AM)
Lee67
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm using an s23 ultra on Verizon's network and I'm trying to get my Samsung messages to have RCS I prefer Samsung messages it's just a nicer messaging service over Google messages I like the look the features is there any way to get RCS to work on Verizon for Samsung messages? 
10 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Sorry to say, but since Verizon has message + they don't enable the feature in Samsung Messages

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah, Verizon wants you to use Google Messages so they can force you to get an unlimited data plan, RCS messaging runs on data unless you are on wifi. All of the carriers are following suit, it's all about money!
0 Likes
Lee67
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
**bleep**g hate Verizon if you're coverage wasn't so good I would switch I need to stop messing with people's phones and pushing their own **bleep** Verizon messages plus sucks
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah, I used Message + once and never went back. I used to never have signal. I was going to switch to AT&T, but one night, 5g popped up, and now I have better signal than in the town I live beside of.

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Lee67
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
It's the only thing that keeps me with Verizon is their coverage I don't live in a city don't want to live in a city they can keep their T-Mobile in AT&t just never that great but Verizon has to mess with updates always taking things out that Samsung puts in and they only turn RCS on for the S9 series what was that **bleep** about turn it on for all phones you can turn on for a couple you can turn on for all quit pushing your **bleep**ty messaging app
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S23
So true, I live in a rural area, and service for the last 20 years was lucky to be 1 bar holding the phone to the sky lol but they did something and now perfect 5g. I wish the phones got everything but certain carriers like to remove stuff.

0 Likes
Lee67
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Yep Verizon's the worst they really are they got you by the short hairs
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah, I started getting unlocked devices just to have some of the features back.

0 Likes
Lee67
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
I was going to do that but it seems like the unlock phones seem to get the newer updates later for some reason again Verizon to pay in the **bleep** but they've been on the ball with pushing out updates
0 Likes