Original topic:

I'm locked out of my S23+

(Topic created: 02-16-2024 01:00 AM)
whywontmypinwork
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi guys new here and not very tech savvy as i am old.

after the last phone update on my s23+ i noticed that when using maps the screen would become unresponsive after a while, i would have to press the power button and volume down button to reset the phone. i was using maps yesterday and again this happened so i did the two buttons to restart the phone. Only this time when it booted back up its gone into safe mode aeroplane mode and it wont accept my pin, the ok button does not light up.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated and i thank you in advance.

Regards Chris

0 Likes
4 Replies
handymanorlando
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Holding the volume to long does this just try again without holding the volume
Jose007
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Power and volume down buttons are very good, I use them every time my phone is acting up. In your case just try to get an update on Maps, otherwise, go to settings, maps, storage, clear cache, close the app, then reopen it. For other things download the Device Care App, it is very helpful. Good luck. Have a blessed day.
0 Likes
whywontmypinwork
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi and thankyou for the answers, nothing would work so i spoke to samsung  engineer , i ended up going down to ee and they tried but still couldnt do it, the lass in there looked on her phone at the problem and samsung came back with it needs a full system reset.

Regards Chris

0 Likes
handymanorlando
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
It doesn't need a system reset you have to let go of the volume and power button when the Samsung logo appears if stuck insafe mode still
0 Likes