Original topic:

Inbound Cell Phone Calls Using WiFi on an RT-AX86U Don't Go Through (Intermittently)

(Topic created: 12-04-2023 06:26 AM)
Unicorn9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I am using WiFi calling on my Android cell phone connecting to my RT-AX86U Intermittently (the worst kind of problem) inbound calls will not come through and instead get sent to voicemail. Also text messages will not go out. If I turn the phone's WiFi off, the problem goes away.

The WiFi signal is strong and I have tried using 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz for the network with the same result. Other info:  Everything has been reset several times.  The router and modem have both been replaced. Xfinity has been out and ran new lines plus spent a day testing the system. TMobile spent a day testing the system. The S23 has been replaced as well an it is running the latest firmware/software upgrades.

Has anyone been able to solve this?  Is this why the S24 is being brought to market so quickly?

Very frustrated.

3 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@Unicorn9 I would guess that some setting on the RT-AX86U routing or filtering tables is causing the Wifi calling issue. Have you talked with the Asus support team? 

0 Likes
Unicorn9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Yes.  Even replaced router. 

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@Unicorn9 Replacing the router with the same model means that you still have the same default routing and filtering tables used. So, in that regard the routing and filtering tables conflict is still a possibility. 

0 Likes