JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Lens Stutter when opening Camera app

(Topic created: 08-10-2023 12:44 PM)
Jx5price
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Anyone else having this issue where the camera makes a clicking noise for about 5 seconds before it will pick a lens and focus? Kinda defeats the purpose of taking the phone out for a picture of I have to wait for this thing to decide if its going to allow me to take a picture.
0 Likes
14 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello! 🙂 Sorry to hear about this behavior in your camera. Have you attempted any troubleshooting steps so far?

0 Likes
Jx5price
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Have cleared cache and data in camera app. Installed and uninstalled Samsung Camera Assistant app.
0 Likes
Jx5price
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I have been texting with support and they suggest taking it to a repair center.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23

Do all diagnostic tests pass in the Samsung Members app's Support tab at the bottom, under Diagnostics>Phone diagnostics?

0 Likes
Jx5price
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes. When I do the camera diagnostics it passes fine, and does not show the same behavior. It's the camera app itself that seems to be doing it.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23

Clear the data of the camera app again, then try installing a slightly older (June) version of the app here:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/samsung-camera/

0 Likes
Jx5price
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
It will not allow me to install an older version. Is there a procedure I need to follow?
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23

What is it saying when you try to?

0 Likes
Jx5price
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
It asks if I want to update, then it says app not installed. Tried a couple different dates including the August update and they do the same thing.
0 Likes