JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Lens Stutter when opening Camera app

(Topic created: 08-10-2023 01:28 PM)
Jx5price
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Anyone else having this issue where the camera makes a clicking noise for about 5 seconds before it will pick a lens and focus? Kinda defeats the purpose of taking the phone out for a picture of I have to wait for this thing to decide if its going to allow me to take a picture.
0 Likes
9 Replies
Jx5price
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Have cleared cache and data in camera app. Installed and uninstalled Samsung Camera Assistant app.
0 Likes
Jx5price
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I have been texting with support and they suggest taking it to a repair center.
0 Likes
Jx5price
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes. When I do the camera diagnostics it passes fine, and does not show the same behavior. It's the camera app itself that seems to be doing it.
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
The higher the resolution you use the longer it will take for the camera to actually take its photo using camera app will allow you to adjust quality or speed or somewhere in between if you switch it to speed to take photos instantly once you press it will fix it20230810_125414_1000005550_1691697257.jpg20230810_125514_1000005551_1691697316.jpg
0 Likes
Jx5price
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah it's definitely a software thing. If I install a Google camera port it works just fine. Might just use that.
0 Likes
Solution
Jx5price
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah I have performed a backup and might do that this evening. Uninstalling the Camera Assistant app seems to be helping, gonna give it a bit and see what happens.
Jx5price
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
It will not allow me to install an older version. Is there a procedure I need to follow?
0 Likes
Jx5price
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
It asks if I want to update, then it says app not installed. Tried a couple different dates including the August update and they do the same thing.
0 Likes
Jx5price
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks for your help.