JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Lock Screen touch Notifications

(Topic created: 10-06-2023 07:18 PM)
Sirben711
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello! New to the S23 community. I just came from the Pixel 4 (before that the Galaxy S7!) and I am having some troubles with my new phone. 

Currently in the most up todate software. I do not (and will not) use any pins, face id, or finger print unlocks. I have spent hours playing with different settings and I can't figure it out. 

From the lock screen, then I touch a notification my phone doesn't take me directly to the app (typically a messaging app). Instead, I get taken to a blank out of focus "swipe to unlock" screen, THEN it takes me to the app. 

Vs my previous phone and other Androids - once you press the notification, it will take you directly to the app from the lock screen. 

While I realize this seems like a small issue, it's something that isn't happening on my older Pixel 4, nor any coworkers android phones on Android 13. Theirs all takes you directly to the app that produced the notification.. it's the only blemish on a nearly perfect phone. Please help, I have had this phone for nearly two weeks and this one issue is driving me insane 

Edit: I do not use AOD. I have that disabled. So, I'm not getting AOD notifications confused with lock screen notifications 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RockNNsocK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Have you tried switching to none*?Screenshot_20231006_221714_Settings.jpg

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
RockNNsocK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Have you tried switching to none*?Screenshot_20231006_221714_Settings.jpg
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Wouldn't a notification on the lock screen indicate your phone is locked. I'm confused.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
The lock screen is the default cover screen, even if you don't lock your phone. That you have to open the phone by dismissing the lock screen by swiping up is just how Samsung phones work.
0 Likes