JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Lost Phone - Feature Request

(Topic created: 07-03-2023 05:49 AM)
userFzpW0e8M2X
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

When telling the phone to ring, well it just rings.  Years ago I had an app that would set of a loud siren, then scream "This phone has been lost or stolen".  It would repeat over and over until turned off remotely or unlocking the phone.  This would be a better feature/option.

Real life issue was when I left phone in a shopping cart, all it did was keep ringing while the "person" who found it would just turn off the ringing.  This went on for 45 minutes.  It wasn't until she was checking out at the register that she was too embarrassed, repeatedly turning off the ringing, that she handed it to the checkout and said she found it.  Not good.  If there was a siren and "lost and Stolen" announcement, it would have been turned in quickly.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Options
Galaxy S23
No just set it to show a message with how to contact you. Or log into your samsung account and make sure find my phone is enabled then you can find yourself.haveing a phone screaming that it's lost it just going to fall under disturbing the peace and will make people want to break it not help you get it back
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.