JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Navigation bar settings, swipe gestures removed, AOD

(Topic created: 04-08-2024 07:14 AM)
userAfEtZa4BFV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Why did they update this? Who asked for them to change the navigation bar gesture settings? Before you could just swipe up for the navigation bar gestures, up for home, up for back, up for all apps. 

Now they changed that to swiping left and right for back and all apps and up from home. The problem with that is swiping left on my phone while in an app like Facebook now confuses my phone and it doesn't know if I want to go back or swipe into a whole other area of the app I'm in. Also it doesn't even work good. I swipe right for back and it just closes everything. Lol I swipe left for all apps and it takes me to the home screen. This update sucks so bad. Tried to contact customer care and the guy tells me to reset app preferences. Now all my apps want me to update the settings when I open them . 

He tried to take remote control to reset my entire device smh 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

You need to Download the new Version of Navstar from inside of Goodlock

- Open Goodlock
- Scroll down to Navstar and install
- Toggle On and Enable Extra Gestures Settings
- Exit Goodlock

Open Phone Settings

- Display
- Navigation Bar
- Select Swipe Gestures
- More Options-
- and select the 3 Swipe

AOD settings have also been moved to Goodlock.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

122 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S23

- Open Goodlock
- Scroll down to Navstar and install
- Toggle On and Enable Extra Gestures Settings
- Exit Goodlock

Open Phone Settings

- Display
- Navigation Bar
- Select Swipe Gestures
- More Options-
- and select the 3 Swipe

AOD settings have also been moved to Goodlock.

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

userAfEtZa4BFV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you so, so , so , so much. That fixed it 😁
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S23

Your welcome can you please click the 3 dot menu in the comment and mark as solved 

and Thanks for being a Loyal Samsung Member 

0 Likes
heythereadair
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I am more than frustrated that Samsung moved in the direction of copying Apple with the gestures. My phone went thru an update and now all my gesture settings and preferences are gone. You already had gestures and hidden buttons, long before Apple, why change them? Why when I hide the navigation bar does it now look like apple. I don't need the long grey bar at the bottom. Bring back the way it was. Right bottom is hidden back when swiping up, middle swipe up is home page, and left bottom swipe up is all open apps. It worked better and easier than currently. I literally can't get my finger close to the right side of screen to swipe in apps like tiktok, etc. Google maps etc. And I can't change it back? Why did you get rid of a long standing feature just to copy another company? I hate it and I hope you all quickly course correct

GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S23

Open Goodlock
Scroll down to Navstar and install
Toggle On and Enable Extra Gestures Settings
Exit Goodlock

Open Phone Settings
Display
- Navigation Bar
- Select Swipe Gestures
- More Options-
- and select the 3 Swipe

userJuBiHMEOGp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

100% agree with you, I hate it so much. And it's done for absolutely no reason at all. Bring back the old hidden gestures Samsung.

GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S23

The old gestures are still there you just have to follow the steps above for them to show up 

heythereadair
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
What is goodlock and what is navstar? Why did they make it complicated?
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S23
Goodlock is in the Samsung Store and its a major customization app that Samsung helped develop
https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.goodlock
1712590997739.jpg1712590997743.jpg