JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Navigation bar settings, swipe gestures removed, AOD

(Topic created: 04-08-2024 07:14 AM)
userAfEtZa4BFV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Why did they update this? Who asked for them to change the navigation bar gesture settings? Before you could just swipe up for the navigation bar gestures, up for home, up for back, up for all apps. 

Now they changed that to swiping left and right for back and all apps and up from home. The problem with that is swiping left on my phone while in an app like Facebook now confuses my phone and it doesn't know if I want to go back or swipe into a whole other area of the app I'm in. Also it doesn't even work good. I swipe right for back and it just closes everything. Lol I swipe left for all apps and it takes me to the home screen. This update sucks so bad. Tried to contact customer care and the guy tells me to reset app preferences. Now all my apps want me to update the settings when I open them . 

He tried to take remote control to reset my entire device smh 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
129 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
It has been asked literally hundreds of times. I also provided you with exact steps on how to get it fixed. Sorry that you think being told to do basic lookup and being given the exact steps to fix the problem is "mean."
0 Likes
GoatGodByDesign
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
This last guy is mean by telling people to go research!
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
No. You need to use resources available to you before asking for help. Do you believe asking others to type the same thing several times is good?

Those with answers have already done the research, and the forum provides a keyword search.
TRG01
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
So I have a fold 4. No internet no blue tooth and runs very slow. If I shut it off I get a aqua collard screen. Figured out how to get rid of. But still have same problems. If they can't fix it. Are they going to fix replace or pay my bill? It sucks I used to love this phone.
0 Likes
Taarraamc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi all, thank you for the suggestions. I should not have to download an app, using up more space for the feature to return. I think it is currently an awful updated feature.

JTHerrick
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Got the new one ui 6.1 update. After o got it I realized that there's a black rectangle on the bottom of the screen that has the back button from the navigation bar on it bit nothing else. Weirdly enough, I still have to swipe up from bottom to go home. I tried to change the bar in settings but it doesn't change.

Pic of navigation bar

0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Samsung Goodlock is a first party samsung customization app, also please search before posting next time1712545652347.jpg
jyo97
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Idk who or why someone thought this was a good idea but they need to change it back. It was totally fine and one of the main reasons I've stayed a galaxy customer. I'm not installing a 3rd party app to fix either. Where do I send my gripes and complaints too?
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
The move was made by Google for circle to search to be on the home button and Goodlock is Samsung work around that added the old style gestures back.
You can contact support with the link below
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Instructions to get it back!

This is the only way!
Blame Google, not Samsung!1712504752250.jpg