Original topic:

No internet after update!

(Topic created: 06-16-2024 06:31 AM)
Celle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

My S23 Ultra was just fine Friday evening then there was evidently an update overnight Saturday and suddenly I notice last night that l have no internet. I google something, click on a link and get an error message that says

"This site cannot be reached

www.googleasservices.com refused to connect

Try:

Checking the connection

ERR_CONNECTION-REFUSED"

I have tried rebooting my phone and router with no luck. Can someone PLEASE help me!!!

0 Likes
19 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

After the update did you reboot your phone.  Even though the phone reboots after an update, I wait for the install to complete and then do another reboot.  Sometimes that fixes any internet issues after an update.  If a reboot doesn't fix it, there are other options, but one thing at a time.

0 Likes
Celle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

I have rebooted the phone at least 4 times. The strange thing is the last update was on 6/13. Internet was fine all day and night Friday 6/14. Then last night I did a search and tried to click links and got the error message. Just spent a half hour on the phone with Samsung support and the rep tried every troubleshooting step she could find and I am still in the same boat. She referred me to another number for Samsung's Google support. That's my next call. I have a feeling the result is going to be the same. Can this possibly be a provider issue? I did reboot my modem but that didn't work either. Time to call my ISP?

0 Likes
Celle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

And... the number she gave me was NOT a Samsung dept - it was Google and there are no support options that fit my issue AT ALL. 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

For it to suddenly go out like that is strange, usually those kinds of problems happen immediately after the update.  You can try calling your ISP.

I thought I did something to screw up last night, as I did some fiddling and when I rebooted my phone for the changes to take effect, my phone would not connect to my network. There was no reason for it, because I made no changes that had anything to do with the internet.  I rebooted my phone, and it came back fine.  You indicated you did the re-boots several times, so that's one troubleshooting step out of the way.  Have you tried deleting the network and reconfiguring it?  Can you connect to any network?  If you can connect to another network, then it wouldn't indicate a problem with the phone and you should call your ISP, they may be having temporary issues, especially if your area recently had severe weather events.  Just FYI, rebooting your modem only works if it's your modem having an issue, not if the ISP is.

If you can't connect to another network, it's probably a phone issue, and you may have to go through the step of resetting all network connections.  This is a pain, depending on how many paired devices and networks you have configured, because you will have to add everything back. But, before you try that, boot into maintenance mode, and clear the cache partition.  Go to device care and do an optimization. 

0 Likes
Deenobody
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
How can I factory reset the tablet? It's telling me to put my Samsung password in and I never set one up? Seems the device did and I put the code in & it's saying incorrect password same with the wifi I've put it in manually but it doesn't accept it, I've got until tomorrow to return and I have all my Google info on the device & yes I held the volume & power button in & still it won't reset
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

You should have started your own post for this rather than tacking on to a post where it may get lost. But I'm going to answer it here. You do a factory reset of the tablet the same way you do a factory reset of any other device. There should be a place in the settings to do so. The Samsung password they were looking for is actually the password to your Samsung account so that you can log in to Samsung services. You probably did not set up a password on the tablet itself which is why it's telling you your password is wrong. Before you return it, next time it asks for your Samsung password put it in whatever the password is to your Samsung account. Then you may not have to return it and you may not have to factory reset it to do so.

Also, if you are going to factory reset, sign out of your Google and Samsung accounts first.

Deenobody
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks for responding I didn't realize I was tacking on another post, sorry about that, I've put in the long code for the Samsung account & still it won't take it, it's also not taking the WI-FI password which I know is correct? I know certain devices you can use that pin that comes with most devices? I'm willing to try anything & if the tablet actually worked I'd eat the few hundred rather then bring it back to Walmart with all my info on it,I should have just fixed the screen on my Huawei tablet it's not cracked it's just separated from the device where I can see the inner workings 😂 probably from leaving it on the curved arm of the couch? It's Google certified as it was made before the ban! Thanks again and I'll try and figure out how to start a new conversation next time
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
The setting on the tablet for reset, should be in the same place as on the phone. If you can't readily find it, do a search in settings for reset. As I said, don't forget to sign out of your Samsung and Google accounts before resetting.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

One more thing:  Did the connection refused error actually happen when you went to Google and didn't get any search results, or did you click on a result and the connection refused?  Sometimes sites reject connections for whatever reason (doesn't like your ad blocker, a misconfiguration, doesn't like where you linked from, etc.).  

I'm assuming you tried other websites and got no connection.  In your connection settings, does your internet connection say, "connected without internet"? or just won't connect at all?

0 Likes