Solved! Go to Solution.
To get to recovery mode:
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET)
- Use power button to select.
- Run the repair apps option and your device will restart.
I have uninstalled the apps giving me issues (again), restarted the phone, reinstalled them and..... they're working as expected so far. It's been couple of hours but so far so good.
The only difference this time was the phone restart after uninstalling the apps and before installing them again.
Nothing changed and Snapcha, Simplisafe and Wyze are back to the same behavior, back to not updating/refreshing messages, hence no Notifications again.
Anyone else experiencing similar issues?
I have the same issue with fb messenger yet I don't even use any VPN or even any apps that "act as a VPN" for example dns-based adblockers like dns66 or anything similar.
I still don't get any notifications for days, and only notice new messages when I open the app. The issue has persisted for a few months now. I'm never buying a Samsung phone ever again.