JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

One UI 6 - persistent notifications

(Topic created: 11-10-2023 10:00 AM)
Mujibar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I got the stable One UI 6 update today on my unlocked S23U. Persistent notifications (ex: weather app) are no longer persistent. I was able to swipe away my weather notification. Does anyone know if a fix is planned for this behavior? Thanks. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Unfortunately, because Google can't stop ruining good things, they made this change a few versions ago and then with android 14 mandated that all oems adhere to it. You will also find that persistent notifications no longer are locked to the top and may get pushed down by higher priority, non persistent notifications. There may be a fix via goodlock eventually but that's just speculation

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Unfortunately, because Google can't stop ruining good things, they made this change a few versions ago and then with android 14 mandated that all oems adhere to it. You will also find that persistent notifications no longer are locked to the top and may get pushed down by higher priority, non persistent notifications. There may be a fix via goodlock eventually but that's just speculation
Mujibar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Lovely. Google negating the whole point of persistent notifications. How on-brand. 

Zach_xyz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Having the same issue since I updated my tab s9+ to One UI 6 this morning.
0 Likes
Mujibar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Apparently, it's a "feature" šŸ™„
0 Likes