Original topic:

Picture rotate problem

(Topic created: 04-12-2024 01:08 AM)
JoJo4360
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Noticed 4/12/2024 - After the recent UI 6.1 Android 14 UPDATE, unable to fully rotate a picture 360°. Can hit "rotate" icon 1x and it goes landscape, hit it again, and it goes back to the original position!

This NEVER happened at any other time. Before update, it was possible, as you all know, to rotate in the same direction a full 360° at 15° intervals. It no longer does that. There's something messed up, and THIS UPDATE was supposed to improve edits and things like that. So what happened?

Oh, and that "rotate" icon button ALWAYS USED TO stay in the same position as ONLY THE PICTURE would rotate around whereas NOW the entire page rotates including the "rotate" icon.

Help me get "them" to fix this. I'm sure I'm not alone with this messed up update portion in photo editing, and always helps when masses complain about it. Lol

Best, 
J
0 Likes
3 Replies
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm not sure that I understand what's happening.   What "rotate icon" are you referring to?  Is this in a specific photo editing app?  I couldn't find a button in Samsung Gallery that rotates pictures.

The only phone icon I can think of that affects screen rotation is the "Auto-rotate" button in the Quick Panel and all that does is turn automatic screen rotation on and off.
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I may have misled. It's not the icon rotate- that's for page rotation. I'm talking about editing or changing the view of a picture taken. We used to be able to rotate a picture from, say, upside down to facing left, then turn it to face right, and so forth 45° at a turn in the same direction. Now, It just goes from turning 45° in one direction and then back 45° to the original position. You can't rotate forward 45° each time for the full 360°.
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I apologize for the lateness. I don't have my notification alert on when I get an answer. I just happened to come back here to work another question......

Like, duplicate apps in the app list with one have 2 orange dots in the lower right corner. What the heck does that mean? Sometimes, the app size is different from the other, and sometimes, it's the same size. I thought one app was in the cloud or a beta, or I don't know, a ghost app? lol
0 Likes