Original topic:

Plastic Back

(Topic created: 03-12-2023 11:36 AM)
Noni45
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I've been a Note user since the beginning. I now have the faux note s23 ultra 1tb why is the back plastic. I spent 1700 usd for a premium device that feels cheap. Will the glass back make a come back?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@Noni45 It isn't plastic. The back of the S23 Ultra is Gorilla Glass Victus 2. 

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S23

@Noni45 It isn't plastic. The back of the S23 Ultra is Gorilla Glass Victus 2. 

userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
It's matte finish gorila glass victus 2. If you don't believe that it's a glass, just drop it on a cement.Screenshot_20230312_144845_Shop Samsung_1000004538_1678646925.jpg
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23

I , personally, would prefer a back made out of a material that is not super slippery matt finish glass.  I prefer to not have to squeeze my device for dear life just to keep it from sliding out of my hand.  I put a silicone case on my S22 Ultra (which is what I have, BTW, and had to argue with people there as well that the back is glass, and not plastic) just to keep it from sliding out of my hand.  I also got a clear case to show off the fact that I got the exclusive "red" variant, but it is slippery too, so went back to black silicone!

LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S23

@usermzeJaY3BsM My hands are always dry so phones are very slippery in my hands. The solution I have found is Dragon grips. You can find it on Amazon in different color and sizes. I place some pieces in key places on my phone to keep it from slipping out of my hand. I use this on my clear case so I can highlight my Lime green S23U. Also works great on the edges of the Fold to provide an easy grip for opening the phone. 

[Edited spelling: Dragon grips, not Drag grips]

usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23

Thanks for the pro tip, that sounds awesome!  My clear case has a kickstand too, so I would prefer using it, now I just might be able to!

0 Likes