JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Quick Settings Slide Down On Lock Screen

(Topic created: 10-27-2023 10:33 AM)
ChappyG100
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Samsung needs to develop a way to disable access to the Quick Settings on lock screen. This is a serious security risk. Anyone can disable WiFi and network mobile connection if your phone is lost or stolen, this prevent you from locating your phone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Settings>Lock screen>Secure lock settings>Lock network and security

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
Settings>Lock screen>Secure lock settings>Lock network and security
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Things like turning on wifi, GPS or airplane mode still require a screen unlock to complete.
0 Likes
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you ChappyG100,  for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. Welcome to the Samsung Community. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

ChappyG100
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I discovered that while you can turn on and off certain features in quick Settings from the lock screen, you can actually make other network features inaccessible from Lock Screen →Secure Lock Settings →Lock Network & Security. Turning this on, no one will be able to turn on and off WiFi and Network Data without a password. I tried it and it worked. Thanks Samsung for thinking about this.
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm happy to hear my instructions were useful toward resolving your concern. 😅