Original topic:

Quick panel and update issues

(Topic created: 06-18-2024 09:00 PM)
Brayden1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
My quick panel for some reason only has 2 rows when fully expanded and does not have the data button and the battery saver button. Changed on its own, and also I have an S23 ultra that is still on android 13 too. It won't update. It says try again in 24 hours, no update available. So far the only thing I like about the S23 trap is the camera, everything else has issues.
(edit): also I have factory reset this phone too many times and I'm not doing it again. 
8 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@Brayden1 So when you swipe down twice the panel doesn't expand? 

Have you tried clicking the pencil icon and editing which icons are shown? Perhaps somehow you only have 8 items installed. 

Have you tried booting into safe mode as a troubleshooting step? If your full panel appears while booted in safe mode, you know that 3rd party software is causing the issue. 

In regard to the SW update. What carrier are you using? Is/was it carrier locked and you switched carriers? 

0 Likes
Brayden1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
The penel expands but it doesn't have the data and battery saver buttons and it only has 4 buttons across and 2 rows. The phone is an AT&T phone and I still have AT&T. I bought the phone 8 months ago and tried calling Samsung and AT&T and said they couldn't help.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S23

@Brayden1 For the quick panel, read my suggestions below and give them a try.

For the SW update. Definitely an AT&T issue. AT&T released updated firmware quite a while ago. Something is odd. 

0 Likes
Brayden1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
After I typed the other reply, I tried what you said to do and in safe mode it was the same. I called AT&T a couple months ago and they said they couldn't help me. This phone has had alot of issues. Idk why it has so many. My mom got the same phone at the same time and her phone is fine. Also while I'm thinking of it I have another problem. Right now I'm using Microsoft swift key because, my keyboard doesn't show any options for emojis or gifs or anything there. The only thing that shows is the predictive text.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S23

@Brayden1 In the Samsung keyboard, if you click the smiley face in the toolbar, you will find emojis and GIFs. 

0 Likes
Brayden1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
The smiley face doesn't pop up the clipboard doesn't pop up.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S23

@Brayden1 Do you have the toolbar enabled across the top of the keyboard? 

0 Likes
Brayden1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes
0 Likes