Original topic:

Reduce repetitive tray icons

(Topic created: 04-09-2024 03:51 PM)
CUTTaRUGG
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23

Can we somehow condense 10 YouTube or Facebook tray icons notifications into 1?

As you can see below, I get strings of many YouTube tray notifications, which quickly cover up other important things I need to see for work. Can I just have 1 YouTube icon represent all of the new onesn until I remove/swipe them in the drop down menu?

7 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
For example when I go to settings, notifications, advanced settings, there is status bar option. You can limit number of items shown. See if this will make it a bit better.

0 Likes
CUTTaRUGG
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks but that doesn't really help. It's just 3 YouTube icons then 😉
0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
What if you tap and hold on YouTube notification, will it let you combine through an option?

0 Likes
CUTTaRUGG
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
They do not have an option to combine
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
It should happen by default. Unless the app itself doesn't use the correct code. The system at times might group them automatically.

https://developer.android.com/develop/ui/views/notifications/group#:~:text=Grouped%20notifications%2....
0 Likes
CUTTaRUGG
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
It's definitely not doing it automatically for YouTube. So you're saying YouTube has the wrong code, or OneUI?

1713021517400.jpg
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
YouTube. As you can see here from my screenshot. If set up correctly it should stack. If they used the basic code it'll stack at 4. If they used the code I shared earlier it'll stack at 2. 1713029999532.jpg
0 Likes