JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23: How to Retrieve deleted texts?

(Topic created: 03-29-2023 02:49 PM)
kath1968
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

I accidentally deleted all my text messages. I'm pretty sure they are retrievable because there is a setting that says something to the effect that deleted texts can be deleted permanently after 30 days. I can't even find that again. Just got a galaxy S23 and haven't relly got a clue about what I'm doing. I can follow steps😊

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23

If you are using the Samsung Messages app, then close out of any conversation you are in, so that you are back to the main messages page, the one that lists your contacts.  From there go to the 3 dot menu (midway down the screen on the right) and select Trash.  This should show your your "deleted" messages, and allow you to recover them.

If you are using the Google Messages app, then I cannot assist, as I do not use this app, but it may be in a similar way.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23

If you are using the Samsung Messages app, then close out of any conversation you are in, so that you are back to the main messages page, the one that lists your contacts.  From there go to the 3 dot menu (midway down the screen on the right) and select Trash.  This should show your your "deleted" messages, and allow you to recover them.

If you are using the Google Messages app, then I cannot assist, as I do not use this app, but it may be in a similar way.

Jess04
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
For future use, you could also download SMS Backup & Restore and have your texts regularly backed up to Google Drive (or some other cloud) on a regular basis.
0 Likes