JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23: Feedback: Bring back BOTTOM navigation bar swipe gestures!!!

(Topic created: 04-10-2024 11:23 AM)
ClintG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

I'm constantly taken back to the previous page when I try to swipe through carousel photos/content. It's a pain. Put the back gesture back on the lower left-hand part of the screen and open app drawer on the lower right. I do not like having to swipe and hold the bottom middle to get to the app drawer, it's not as fluid. It should go back to home only being in the lower middle, "back" in the lower left, and app drawer in the lower left. I don't want to sacrifice screen real estate for the static buttons on the bottom but these new gestures are awful and it looks like you're trying to apple. PLEASE FIX!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

You need to Download the new Version of Navstar from inside of Goodlock

Open Goodlock
Scroll down to Navstar and install
Toggle On and Enable Extra Gestures Settings
Exit Goodlock

Open Phone Settings
Display
- Navigation Bar
- Select Swipe Gestures
- More Options-
- and select the 3 Swipe

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S23

You need to Download the new Version of Navstar from inside of Goodlock

Open Goodlock
Scroll down to Navstar and install
Toggle On and Enable Extra Gestures Settings
Exit Goodlock

Open Phone Settings
Display
- Navigation Bar
- Select Swipe Gestures
- More Options-
- and select the 3 Swipe

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

ClintG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
THANK YOU! Not sure why they don't give the option in native settings. Now it's going to take me a while to get used to going back 🤣
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S23

Those settings have been removed for sometime now people are saying Google forced the change and this is the work around that Samsung came up with to still provide the 3 gestures 

Can you please like and click the 3 dot menu in the comment and Mark the post as solved 

And Thanks for being a Loyal Samsung Member 

vinisantos
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Same issue and I completely dislike having to install a 3rd-party (Yeah! 3rd-party, don't try and give me the "Samsung helped" story) to bring back a functionality that shouldn't have been removed in the first place.

I'm sure that if a sketchy app can do it, Samsung would have no issues keeping the functionality despite alleged Google coercion!!

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
You are aware navStar is not 3rd party, right? Is a Samsung made and designed app.
0 Likes