JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Ultra apps lagging/freezing and time zone not updating

(Topic created: 03-30-2023 10:10 PM)
IamGr00t
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have the S23 Ultra and I've noticed a couple issues I'm having and I wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same things or know what to do about them. The first is that my screen tends to lag or freeze up when opening/closing apps. The second is dealing with the time. I drive OTR so I am constantly crossing time zones. For some reason my phone isn't keeping up with my time zone changes and I am constantly having to go in and toggle the automatic time zone change off and back on to get the time to be displayed correctly for the time zone I'm in. Anyone experiencing these same issues or know what I can do about them?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand the importance of having the correct time on your phone. We also understand the frustration of apps freezing and lagging. 

We see you have verified the setting is active to have the time zone auto-update. Do you also have "Set time zone based on location" active?

Do you have Google Location Accuracy on? This can be found in Settings>Location>Location Services.

Troubleshooting for the apps lagging and freezing may also help with the time zone not changing. Try clearing the cache partition and repairing apps in the recovery menu.

To get to recovery mode: 
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously 
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET) 
- Use power button to select. 
- Run the repair apps option and your device will restart. 

If you continue to experience lagging, freezing, and the time zone not updating, we recommend having the phone evaluated by an authorized service location. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

View solution in context

2 Replies
Options
Galaxy S23
I know some steps, in setting go to display and select motion smoothness to adaptive. This will unable 120 hz refresh rate.
Time zone is the next step again in setting select date and time, choose second option automatic time zone to manually so that you can have an option to change it according to your preferences.
Normally automatically does work when location service is active but if you drive with GPS system and not you phone then it won't that my guess.
But 2 option have help my clients with similar issues.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand the importance of having the correct time on your phone. We also understand the frustration of apps freezing and lagging. 

We see you have verified the setting is active to have the time zone auto-update. Do you also have "Set time zone based on location" active?

Do you have Google Location Accuracy on? This can be found in Settings>Location>Location Services.

Troubleshooting for the apps lagging and freezing may also help with the time zone not changing. Try clearing the cache partition and repairing apps in the recovery menu.

To get to recovery mode: 
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously 
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET) 
- Use power button to select. 
- Run the repair apps option and your device will restart. 

If you continue to experience lagging, freezing, and the time zone not updating, we recommend having the phone evaluated by an authorized service location. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html