JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Ultra September 2024 patch when?

(Topic created: Wednesday)
Matsu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I have been waiting for the September patch.
I have looked a bit on the web, and it said that the S23 Ultra in the U.S. will not receive the September patch. I did recall receiving the August patch twice. But, I'm pretty much a literal guy... August is August, September is September. If I don't receive the patch before the month of September ends, I will consider the phone 100% cut off from all updates and get a new phone.

So, am I crazy, or did the September patch really come? (Scratch the crazy part...)
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello Matsu, Welcome to the Community. We understand the concern with receiving the security patch. The answer is unfortunately not set in stone, and will vary from not only model to model, but carrier to carrier. Updates are slowly released by the carriers as they make sure of compatibility. Because there are other channels besides Samsung it has to go through first, no set dates can be given, however, all eligible devices will have the opportunity to get it.
Any questions regarding a release date should be asked of your carrier. This applies to both locked and unlocked phones.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Options
Galaxy S23
Usually, at the end of the month, for me around the 29th.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello Matsu, Welcome to the Community. We understand the concern with receiving the security patch. The answer is unfortunately not set in stone, and will vary from not only model to model, but carrier to carrier. Updates are slowly released by the carriers as they make sure of compatibility. Because there are other channels besides Samsung it has to go through first, no set dates can be given, however, all eligible devices will have the opportunity to get it.
Any questions regarding a release date should be asked of your carrier. This applies to both locked and unlocked phones.

0 Likes