Original topic:

S23 has more issues than any phone I have owned

(Topic created: 02-26-2024 05:23 AM)
userw5BhbDDAWV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I’ve been on the android side since cell phones came out but after this experience will probably go to apple on my next phone.  I have a tmobile S23+ purchased last summer.  Things worked OK until what seems like the Jan this year.  I am running One UI 6.0.  Here's the short list: 

1. Wifi 6 connection- to use wifi I have to constantly either reboot, disconnect from wifi and reconnect, forget my network or just live with no internet unless I do the above every few minutes.  The cell phones I owned a decade ago performed better keeping a connection.
  2. Apps- load slow or not at all.  If I reboot before opening an app it seems to help.
  3. Screen scrolling- locks up unless I turn the screen off with the power button and turn back on. 

If my phone was paid off I would gladly trade someone for an S22+.  The surprising part is the phone worked fine until this calendar year.  I have a Deco mesh network that 20 other devices including an Iphone 14 run flawlessly on.  

Has anyone had any success with the known wifi 6 issue?  I have tried everything recommended on this forum without luck.  At this point I use my phone mainly for calls.

Question for Samsung….Ive owned this phone less than a year.  Will you replace it?

2 Replies
ArlinaV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

I have WASTED 6 + Months attempting to set up my s23 and the most annoying part is that when you scroll down from the top there are only six options to choose from and none of those are anything I would ever use and not even having a screenshot program when you scroll down from the top is really insane. There are no developer options whatsoever and every time you look for something that would be in a common sense place since I have been with cell phones since 1985 as I opened the very first cell phone installation company in the world in Irvine California and I even managed six departments for Sprint and worked in activations at night for 3 hours for 9 months. I have spent three and a half years trying to get phone service and no one is able to activate either the s23 ultra or the s23 with any phone service company whatsoever.  Basically garbage phones in my eyes. The only good phone I have ever had any experience with is the Motorola or the Nokia but the camera never worked on the Nokia and the battery dies in 30 minutes. I am planning to get a cheap phone and mail my 9-year-old Nokia to Europe so they can replace the battery so I can have a perfectly perfect phone that even has wireless charging and it is the fastest operating system of any of my current 9 devices.  Again the camera never worked and it was purchased at Best buy in Las Vegas nevada. The only reason I bought the stupid phone was so I could videotape the Elvis Presley impersonators and never took a picture ever.  As far as the Samsung phones go they are for the birds because you cannot even put in a memory card you have a space for it but none of these phones recognize the memory cards and I spend over $6,000 in memory cards and not one of them work in any of these new Samsung phones. So I'm going back to Motorola and black view since the battery lasts for 6 months straight. The blackview phone was full after 5 months because I bought it for my sister in the nursing home before they killed her and it has not been plugged in for 5 months and it still has 75% battery !  

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
I have the same issue. I rather use my phone's data [even at home] than connect to [any] Wi-Fi.
0 Likes