JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 ultra camera over exposed

(Topic created: 06-08-2023 05:05 AM)
Ash45
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Notice top three window panes on the right side. There are bricks on the wall but in the picture it's totally blown up.

Is anyone facing camera oversaturation issue with s23 ultra ? 
148 Replies
Derrickguy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
No. All lighting should give good results. Do not accept over exposing shots. Samsung can easily fix this because all I do is drop down the exposure slider.
Derrickguy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
It shouldn't happen, period. These devices are too expensive. It's an easy fix. Their colors are on point, all they need to do is bring the exposure down.
Schykle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Galaxy S23 Ultra user here, and I definitely agree for the most part.

There's a lot of things I love about the camera, and I know so much is done to ensure a great HDR effect, but it's just too much at times. I will say that colors could do with some toning down, I wouldn't say they're on point entirely especially red colors which get easily overblown. But most of all, they're just too bright.

Brighter != Better.
MarioS36
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi, 

I recently bought S23plus model, and I am testing the camera as anyone who is excited for a new phone. Whilst testing I noticed this weird post processing on the photos taken with 50mp mode. 

The photos taken in normal 12mp mode are sharper, and much more natural in comparison.

Is this behaviour expected or is it something wrong with the post processing?

Photo1, 50mp

20230608_135826.jpg

ā€ƒPhoto2, 12mp

20230608_135820.jpg

ā€ƒIt ads this greenish filter and the picture sometimes is not sharp.

Any help is appreciated.

ā€ƒ

0 Likes
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Yes. I have noticed that I bought the camera the phone for photos but I wasted my money this is  who are these people they don't even know how to make a camera let alone understand photography I mean it's so obvious and yet there's nothing on the web about it so they are aware of it and covering it up and not doing anything about it.

0 Likes
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

The s23 ultra 200 megapixel and 50 megapixel camera settings overexposed every single image where there are highlights.

This was the issue from day one when the phone was released in February I reached out to their support and made no headway.

As you can see in the images the first images the 12 megapixels standard 4x3 photo setting you can see the details in the crosswalk in the middle on the street.

The next image is with the 200 megapixels of the same scene cropped in to demonstrate the overexposure highlight blowout distortion and corrupted images.

1000010233.jpg12mp 4:3

1000010234.jpg200MP 4:3

This is also an issue regarding the camera assistant app as well as the raw app - which is absolutely useless there's so much over processing being done the image becomes useless it looks like it wasn't photograph correctly so Samsung has their head up there butts lacking quality control lacking experience in photography and refusing to listen to their customers.šŸ¤·

There is no work around either. Let me repeat that there is no work around this issue cannot be fixed by an end user other than not using the camera at all. šŸ™ŠšŸ™‰šŸ™ˆ

ClaireJ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Use the master option to correct the contrast and/or brightness
0 Likes
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
You need to read my post again there is no work around yes I do understand how to use the exposure lever but I did put a dead center in the 200 megapixel and this is the result that happens
0 Likes
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
Have you tried it with a 50 megapixel? If so, does it do the same thing?
0 Likes
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes. It does.
0 Likes