Original topic:

S23 ultra charging issue

(Topic created: a week ago)
Chippy04
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

The past few weeks my phone has been showing moisture or object in my charger port but theres nothing there and its not been in water or anything i have to turn my phone off wait a few minutes then it starts charging i have done the troubleshooting ideas seen online but no luck its kinda annoying does anyone have any ideas 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Mark_Smolkowicz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
The Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra moisture detection warning is a safety feature designed to prevent charging when the phone detects moisture or debris in the USB port. However, if you're certain there's no moisture or debris causing the issue, here are some troubleshooting steps you can take:

1. **Inspect the Port:**
- Carefully inspect the charging port for any lint, dust, or debris that might be triggering the sensor. You can gently clean it with a dry, soft-bristled brush or a can of compressed air.

2. **Dry the Port:**
- Even if you can’t see any moisture, there could be some. Leave the phone in a dry, well-ventilated area for a few hours. A small sachet of silica gel placed near the port can also help absorb any moisture.

3. **Software Issues:**
- Sometimes, a software glitch might trigger the warning:
- Restart your phone to see if the message clears.
- Check for software updates, as they may include fixes for such bugs.

4. **Cable and Charger Check:**
- Ensure you're using the original Samsung charging cable and wall charger. Third-party chargers can sometimes cause issues.
- Inspect both the cable and charger for any damage or wear.

5. **Safe Mode:**
- Boot your phone into Safe Mode to determine if a third-party app is causing the problem. Here's how you can typically enter Safe Mode:
- Press and hold the power button until the power off prompt appears.
- Tap and hold the 'Power off' option until you see 'Safe Mode' and then tap it to confirm.

6. **Factory Reset:**
- Consider backing up all your data and performing a factory reset as a last resort. This will erase all data on your device and potentially resolve any software-related issues causing the problem.
- Go to Settings > General management > Reset > Factory data reset.
- Remember, this will erase everything on your phone, so backup important data first.

7. **Samsung Support:**
- If the problem persists, the sensor inside the charging port might be faulty. Contact Samsung support for professional assistance or visit a certified repair center. It's essential to get it checked to prevent any potential damage from actually charging with moisture.

Remember, while these steps can resolve many common issues, if there's an underlying hardware problem with the moisture detection sensor or the charging port itself, professional repair will be necessary.
0 Likes