Original topic:

S23 ultra lock screen reverts back to default background when apply live/normal wallpapers

(Topic created: 08-14-2023 03:35 PM)
userZK61Kl81aL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

My Samsung galaxy s23 ultra lock screen keeps reverting back to default background when I try applying live wallpapers/normal wallpapers 

userZK61Kl81aL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
That sucks giving the amount of money I've spent on this phone lol
Grayo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23

Assuming that they may be incorrect, you could also try backing up your phone to a personal computer with smart switch and attempting a factory reset. However, this not gaurenteed to work.

VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

You don't really have to assume, the S23 Ultra has the capability to set live wallpapers natively from the gallery using .gif files. Confirmed with another SCA who also has an S23U. My S22U does it, and it makes zero sense to remove this feature from a top-tier flagship device. I apologize to @userZK61Kl81aL for the support rep's seemingly lack of basic knowledge. 

userZK61Kl81aL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I've factory reset mines and the problem is still there, it worked once before before the 5.1 update.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23

Where are the files located on your phone that you're trying to set as live wallpapers? Have you attempted to factory reset and restore using SmartSwitch? It's pretty quick and usually fixes most weird bugs. You should definitely still have the option to set live wallpapers. 

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23

They could also be terribly wrong. 😅

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23

Are you on the One UI 6 beta software?

userZK61Kl81aL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
No
Grayo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello! Could you please create a new thread where we can discuss the issue, since it is a different topic that the one discussed here.

MirceaT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

I have the same problem, very annoying. I don't even need to restart the phone or anything, just randomly at some point it reverts to the original wallpaper, or like a gray wallpaper.

No one found a fix?

0 Likes