Original topic:

S23 ultra proximity sensor, apps, and adaptive brightness not working

(Topic created: 04-25-2024 11:51 AM)
Eve1960
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

By s23 altar is brand new purchased purchased around December 2023, and a couple days ago I updated the software and the s23 ultra and immediately afterwards my proximity sensor went out and I can't use Google messages because the update caused issues where you can't read the text you're typing in any message and it locked me out of being able to update or do anything with quite a few messages. I set up three businesses and I am totally unable to get anything done with my s23 ultra smartphone being down. It also caused issues with the Adaptive brightness, causing my phone to go black while I was driving and when I came home I was unable to open my garage door app and was locked out of my home also. I texted Samsung support and they did admit that the update caused the issue and there was a patch coming out but they had no idea when. I can't afford to be down even 1 hour without my phone so instead of buying Samsung anymore, I can't wait for their fix so I'm going to buy a new Motorola Windows smartphone because at least I know that Motorola never had any problems when I used them before and I probably won't go back to Samsung and my phones under warranty so I'm going to take it in and ask for full credit back because I don't want to use the phone anymore if Samsung's not going to follow through to support me when they do the harm to my equipment that I bought from them! It's shameful that a big corporation like that doesn't understand that there are people that can't drive 100 miles just to have their phone examined and then give you some excuse that it's not their fault! I can't deal with this anymore. I was disabled in 2007 from a head-on collision car accident, but I'm able to stay home and work on my smartphone and computer, but this type of support from Samsung is inexcusable!

1 Reply
Eve1960
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Also, I'm having issues with my Samsung Galaxy s23 Ultra after the April 2024 update, whereby the phone is roaming to search out apps that it is only partially connecting to and causing the phone to overheat, even though I have it on protected mode, and also Google messages no longer works because of the Samsung update push this month, and the Adaptive brightness doesn't work anymore, quite a few glitches and errors with many different apps because of the update this month making it impossible to get anything done, especially trying to get Samsung support to understand I live 100 miles away from the nearest Samsung service center that I'm disabled I have no family or friends here in my state to help me and medically I have to stay at home and order things in, because since 2007 a judge in my state disabled me completely, so I depend 100% on my smartphone, whereas my monthly deposits to my bank, and all my credit cards all depend upon my telephone verification, everything does today in all areas, everywhere for everyone no exception! Samsung support rep told me that my phone is new and under warranty, so my warranty paperwork says that if I contact them and they are able to use the internet to come into my phone and inspect it to see what the issues are, which they also verified that the update has caused errors on end users phones and there's a patch coming through, so they already know that my problem was caused by them by the new update in April 2024 this month, and all I get is excuses and no help. It looks like I'll have to go online and buy a new Motorola Windows phone because if Samsung's not going to help me then I really don't want another phone or any other products anymore. The only way that I will do that is if they get a hold of me and help me honestly to fix this otherwise, I'm going to forget buying anything from them anymore and I purchase thousands of dollars from Samsung products and this is how I get rewarded. I I have three new startup businesses, but I'll just give my money to Microsoft and Motorola now and to Google and forget Samsung because they can't be counted on to be honest to us and users!