JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 messages separate notification sound for text

(Topic created: 02-16-2023 04:39 AM)
lyndsayyyy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

How do I set a separate notification sound for my text messages? And a separate sound for me emails? I want to know what kind of notification I'm getting, not just one sound for everything. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Tidbitty
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
You have to go into the app notifications settings and change them. Some apps let you do it from inside the app, but not all do. 1676551639172.jpg

View solution in context

11 Replies
Solution
Tidbitty
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
You have to go into the app notifications settings and change them. Some apps let you do it from inside the app, but not all do. 1676551639172.jpg
lyndsayyyy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks! Yeah 2 messaging apps I have don't, one of them will let me change the notification sound for individual chats but that's all. I guess that's better than nothing
Tidbitty
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
Best to ask developers to give that options. Android by default only do it as per app basis and not internally for various chats.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23

If you change the tone for "New" messages, it will chime that sound for all incoming text messages, unless you specifically set a specific individual to a different tone.

lyndsayyyy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah I can't find that option. 😕
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23

I do not use Google Messages, I use the Samsung one, so I cannot say if this works on the Google one...

Open the Messages app.
Tap on the 3 vertical dots option.
Tap on Settings.
Tap on Notifications.
Tap on Notification categories.
Tap on New messages (sim or provider if multiple sim cards, or eSim).
Tap on sound to set the incoming sound.

You may need to set this messaging app to the default if the other one is already set.  I did this by removing the Google one altogether.

0 Likes
lyndsayyyy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah, I'm using Google. That might be it. I was using the default messaging app but couldn't find that setting. I dunno, I'll figure it out 😕🤔😊
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23

Try looking in the Notifications setting under the google app, the key entry here is Notification Categories.  Again not sure if it'l help just throwing it out there

0 Likes
dilletaco
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Me either. No sound with incoming texts
0 Likes