JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Email constantly running in the background after app update

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
user54TdS1E4LF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I just updated Samsung email from the Galaxy store on an S23 Ultra. Now the app is constantly running in the background. When I go into the battery settings to try and put Samsung email into deep sleeping the app isn't there. Wondering how I can stop the app from running in the background. Thanks. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user54TdS1E4LF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks all. I uninstalled and then installed the app from the Google Play Store and it seems to be fine again.

View solution in context

27 Replies
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
Settings > Apps > Email > Battery > Restricted
user54TdS1E4LF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks. It's on unrestricted but I can't change it. Optimize and restricted are greyed out.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
It's a bug in the notification for syncing email all you have to do is open your email select the 3 line menu click the gear select notifications and scroll to the bottom toggle off sync notification and toggle it back on and the issue is fixed

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

jhusk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Mine does it even after I turned this off..
0 Likes
Rattled
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Nope. Didn't work.

0 Likes
userb1aeZhdtw9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Nope, didn't work on my s24 ultra
0 Likes
Zhcgdufc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
wrong
0 Likes
user54TdS1E4LF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Ok my phone when you hit the 3 dots in the Samsung email app Edit and Sort By appear.
0 Likes
user54TdS1E4LF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
If I click Email at top left it brings me to a screen with the gear at top right. There I can go into notifications but there is no option to toggle off sync notifications
0 Likes