Original topic:

Samsung Pass Disappeared for Autofill Preferred Service

(Topic created: 02-04-2024 12:32 PM)
axguo2k
Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Edit: This bug has been resolved after updating to One UI 6.1.

I am currently attempting to try Samsung Pass on my S23 (on OneUI 6.0) after being a long term Google Passwords user.

Switching was easy on my Galaxy Tab S9. Settings->General Management->Passwords and Autofill->Autofill with Samsung Pass. However, the same settings pathway on my S23 does not show Samsung Pass as an option under "Preferred service" for Autofill. When I first got my S23, I immediately set Google Passwords as my preferred autofill service, so I'm not sure if this is some kind of bug that came in with OneUI 6.0 or if it's some kind of setting I missed. 

I'm not sure why this is the case. I have both Samsung Pass and Samsung Wallet installed. Even after uninstalling and reinstalling (and also removing my S23 as a device using Samsung Pass/Wallet), Samsung Pass still is not shown as an option. The only available options shown are Google and "None." 

Does anyone have any ideas, and do you all have the same issue where Samsung Pass does not show as an option for the "Preferred service" in "Passwords, passkeys, and autofill?"

Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
11 Replies
LordVako
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
It's there, you are probably missing it? Screenshot_20240205-231425_1000148623_1707192870.png
0 Likes
axguo2k
Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Samsung Pass shows for me on that screen to, for me it doesn't show when I click into "Preferred service" so I can't choose it as my autofill service. Does yours show up as an option after you go into "Preferred service"?
LordVako
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
You mean here? Screenshot_20240205-231853_1000148624_1707193136.png
axguo2k
Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Yup, exactly there. Looks like mine might be an isolated case then. For some reason mine only shows Google and None as options even though I have Samsung Pass set up already. (Shown in the attached screenshot)1707193260804.jpg
0 Likes
LordVako
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Don't know why people want to use that but, have you tried doing an apps preference reset?
0 Likes
axguo2k
Star
Options
Galaxy S23
I reset app preferences then restarted, but unfortunately Samsung Pass is still missing from the preferred service options.
LordVako
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Have you backed up your data? Tried doing a reset?
0 Likes
LordVako
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
If you do not want to do a reset to see if it MIGHT help, I'd just forget about Samsung pass and use Bitwarden. A million times better. That's just IMHO 🙏
Options
Galaxy S23
Here's my report. Hopefully, they'll listen.1707660440955.jpg