Original topic:

Samsung Predictive Text is Subpar

(Topic created: 02-04-2024 10:34 AM)
Zamiake
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Coming from a galaxy 7 and a note 9. The predictive text is honestly terrible on the s23 ultra. 

Not only is it nearly never right. Always giving bad grammer advice. Its just almost always wrong. I as a normal person know more words then this thing does. There are entire normal words in the english language that this thing just doesnt know and tries to suggest the root word all the time.

Why arent we using the older versions of samsungs predictives texts? Honestly just want spell check at this point. And if you are going to keep attempting predictive text make sure the coder's native language is english. Its exremely clear who ever did this version definately wasnt a native speaker
3 Replies
Grumby62
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I agree
Options
Galaxy S23
Fortunately, you have a choice in keyboards with an Android device. Try Microsoft SwiftKey Beta version in the Google Play Store. Grammer, predictive text, spell check is excellent. Highly customizable keyboard and themes, plus AI compose with various tones and more. Highly recommend.1707097998199.jpg
EJHall
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I completely agree. I upgraded from an S7 to an S23 a few months ago and it's driving me mad! How can it go backwards so badly? It doesn't ever predict words ending -ion, and it is completely squeamish about words like "female". It's as if it's got a glossary of completely standard words it doesn't like. It's truly awful and very frustrating.