Original topic:

Samsung, please keep older features in your updates (+some other complaints)

(Topic created: 05-12-2024 05:52 PM)
h48
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I have a Samsung S23 Ultra (upgraded from an S10). 

I am increasingly frustrated with features removed/added in the latest software updates. Chiefly: 
  • The swipe from bottom navigation feature (now you need to swipe from the sides for forward/back)
  • The additional permanent app bar at the bottom of the home screen (which does not disappear even when empty)
Both of above features *should* be toggleable, but aren't. 

I also dislike and disagree with how Samsung phones are increasingly more like Apple. The first feature above was one of my favorite features of Samsung but now it's as clunky as Apple's and interferes with the side panel unique to Samsung (that I actually like) . 

This is a plea to Samsung: Stop removing the features that are unique to your company (there's a reason I chose you over Apple). Also, please give us the option to choose whether or not we want to keep some features. A single option button would be sufficient for each complaint listed above. 

On a side note, my previous phone had features that I'd love in my current phone and that is absurd. The oxygen/heart rate sensor and the headphone jack, in particular. I also got a screen protector, earbuds, and a charging block with my previous phone. This is your flagship phone, please don't use it as a way to market more of your products.

I'm not the only one sharing these sentiments, so please do something about it.
9 Replies
ImEve
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Yesss I agree, I hate how the removed the old navigation bar, the new one that has you swiping from the side to got back is so annoying. I read ebooks on my phone and if I swipe too close to the edge I go back instead of flipping a page, it sucks
Also pls make the navigation bar go away when u open apps like before, I and many others just hate how it's now constantly there
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
To get the old gestures back you have to download Goodlock
Install the Navstar Module
Enable show extra gestures settings
Exit Goodlock
Open phone settings
Display
Navigation bar
Ans re setup the old style
1715575045812.jpg1715575045832.jpg1715575045848.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
1) You need to download NavStar from the Good Lock App and tap on Enable Extra Gesture Settings then go to Navigation Bar settings in your Phone Settings and the option to switch the Gestures will now be there

2) What do you mean by permanent app bar at the bottom of the Home Screen
User666
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Wish they have out back notification LED. I stilll miss it.
Jaysgalaxy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Can good lock help me move the microphone back to the top of the keyboard?
0 Likes
ZippieDoDaTaDa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Exactly I'm having the same issue I can't swipe it away it's in my face I got a wonderful doc with Nova and I'm forced to look at this all day long underneath it it's pathetic it's old-fashioned and if I wanted a dumb phone I would buy a **bleep**g Apple
ZippieDoDaTaDa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Bring back the swipe so we can make all this mess disappear please for heaven sakes
h48
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
For all the people suggesting Goodlock/Navstar: please, like many others, I don't want another app for features that could be conceivably a few more toggles in the native UI. I've yet to see any concrete reasons for why it's included as a separate app that also explicitly states has in app purchases and is not affiliated with Samsung in any way (other than the app name).

Upon searching Navstar/Goodlock recently, I noticed another option, a Samsung-affiliated One Hand Operation + app that boasts increased flexibility with use of the phone with the side swipe features. ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.android.sidegesturepad).

THAT IS NOT WHAT I (OR OTHERS) WANT. WE DONT WANT TO BE CONVINCED THAT THIS NEW UI IS THE BEST OPTION.

We just want our old features back.
0 Likes
Shellig604
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes, I agree + I would add something about the absurd way to restart your phone now! When I finally upgraded from my S10 to this S20 FE 5 G, I had this phone for about 1 1/2 years before I shut it off for the first time myself. I had no clue how to do it and my family couldn't help, they all have iPhones. What happened to the simple on / off button that you hold for just a bit to turn it on or off or something easier than having to remember which 2 buttons and to have to hold 2 different buttons at the same time to do anything? Please help, you can better your phones and their options, etc without changing all the simple user features for us non-tech ppl like me. PLEASE!! AND THANK YOU!
0 Likes