Original topic:

Samsung's default video player doesn't exist.

(Topic created: 12-02-2023 06:23 AM)
GeorgeLatt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. I cannot locate my default video player in this phone. If I have videos that needs to be played, I'd have to go to "Gallery" and play the video from there, but if I were to open the settings from the Gallery, I could open it with "Video player", but I cannot locate it anywhere on my phone.

I Saw a link to download the samsung video player but it said it is not compatible. So basically this means my phone DID not come with a default video player, I can only play my video through the Gallery app. I don't want to install other video players because they contain in ads. 

Any thoughts suggestions? Or other video player apps I can use without in ads.
10 Replies
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
This is the stocked video player on every Samsung device since One UI launcher was introduced. You may need to add it to app drawer if you don't see it.1701528451461_1701528451452_0.jpg
0 Likes
GeorgeLatt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I don't have that, that's the problem and I can't locate it
0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
I believe that they announce that they got rid of the video player since it wasn't being used by most people.
0 Likes
GeorgeLatt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
How am I supposed to play video because I don't like using Gallery and all the other video player apps contains ads.
Josphe72
Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Here's a link to Samsung video player in the Galaxy Store. Check out the app description.
https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.video&cId=000007115245
0 Likes
GeorgeLatt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Not compatible.1701537164756.jpg
0 Likes
neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
Go to the Google Play Store and find and install the VLC Media Player. It plays just about anything regardless of the source or file type, and it's free.
GregE69
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
So no explanation for the missing video player S23 phones?
0 Likes
Matthew Rendle
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I have the same problem it was on my Samsung galaxy S23 Ultra but I had to reset it I had other one I had no doubt with that I think just contact Samsung and ask them what you can see about the problem 

0 Likes